1. When we saw the opening scene.
5 minutes in and there'd already been two beheadings!
2. When the Burgomaster showed up!
He was one terrifying villain!
3. When we saw the Count Hessian cameo!
He was creepy enough without his teeth being filed into sharp points!
4. When a beetle crawled out of a corpse.
Yep. It was horrifying.
5. When we met the witch...
She just looked like a normal fairytale witch -- not too scary.
6. ...and then her alter-ego, 'The Other'.
7. When we saw the Tree of the Dead!
It bled and its trunk was full of severed heads. Ideal for any garden!
8. When Ichabod remembered how his mother died.
Let's just say his parents had an interesting relationship!
9. When Baltus finally got the point!
Or rather when he was impaled on a pointy piece of wood. And that wasn't the end of his problems!
10. When Lady Van Tassel revealed herself!
It's not a good folk story without an evil stepmother!
11. When the Headless Horseman got his head back!
He didn't seem too happy about it.
12. When we viewed the least romantic kiss in movie history!
These two definitely deserve each other!
13. When the Horseman rode back to Hell!
The Tree of the Dead was also a portal to Hell. So that was nice!
What Sleepy Hollow moment creeped you out the most?
Let us know in the comments below!