1. Making your own decorations.
Who needs real mistletoe when you have... whatever this is you've made.
2. Improvising a Christmas tree.
That looks totally fine, right?!
3. Making some interesting new friends.
The lunch lady and the janitors are basically your besties now.
4. Cooking a budget Christmas dinner.
Who knew there was such a thing as microwavable turkey?
5. Eating Christmas dinner alone in the cafeteria.
You've never noticed how creepy this place is when it's empty
6. Gathering together the remnants of the squad.
You and that guy you spoke to once in the library are totally tight now.
7. Getting excited for everyone else to come back to college.
"Only 5 days to go until Christmas vacation is over!"
8. Trying to get ahead on your reading.
But inevitably watching Christmas movies instead.
9. Calling your parents on Christmas Day.
"Please stop crying, Mom."
10. Finally putting on the dreaded "Freshman 15".
Curse you Christmas candy!
Have you ever had to stay on campus during the holidays?
Tell us know about it in the comments below.