1. Greeting all of your relatives as if you are happy to see them and totally remember their names.
Stick with titles like "cousin" or "brother-in-law" and you should be safe.
2. Trying to convince yourself that this Thanksgiving will be drama-free!
Just a bunch of people talking about non-controversial topics over a delicious meal...
3. Planning to only have one drink, but then immediately giving up.
Surely everything will go a little bit smoother with some wine.
4. Preparing to meet all the partners/spouses of your family members.
And knowing you'll accidentally offend at least three people.
5. Putting aside old family feuds for one night of harmony.
6. Hoping that, for once, your family won't start asking you intimate questions about your life.
No, you don't have a partner and no, you don't love your job. Get over it!
7. And also wishing that other relatives wouldn't tell you their life story without being asked.
You just hear the same story over and over, every year.
8. Dealing with rude relatives that expect you to be their waiter for the night.
"Oh you'd like a drink? Well, you know where the kitchen is."
9. Watching the game with your siblings because that's something you know won't cause an argument.
Is there anything more beautiful than bonding over sports?
10. Explaining to your younger siblings that they shouldn't tell your older relatives everything.
They're not ready for the entire truth.
11. Trying to keep everyone civil during any games that get played.
There's always someone who takes it too far...
12. Talking about your plans for Christmas and what presents you want.
This is a good time to give some heavy hints to your family.
13. Feeling like a kid again when you fall asleep in your old bedroom.
Except now your feet stick out the end of the bed.
Are you excited about going home for Thanksgiving? Tell us in the comments.
And you can watch The Odd Life of Timothy Green Friday, November 25 at 1:40PM/12:40C and Saturday, November 26 at 7:00AM/6:00C as part of the Countdown to 25 Days of Christmas on Freeform!