1. Monitoring the main dish like a hawk.
"I will NOT serve burnt ham again!"
2. Keeping the kids away from the candy.
You've worked too long and too hard for them to get tummy aches at the last minute.
3. Trying to time all of the food.
It's like complex math, except much harder.
4. The seating arrangements.
"So grandma can't sit next to grandpa and your cousin hates sitting by the kids, and... uh, is it too late to cancel?"
"Have you checked the...", "Yes! Yes, I have!"
6. Picking the perfect Christmas music playlist.
It's harder than you think it is.
7. Regularly checking the kids table.
"They're being so quiet! Too quiet."
8. Trying not to eat too much while you're cooking.
But how else are you meant to taste everything?
9. Having to ask for help.
"Please... Just watch the potatoes for two minutes."
10. Keeping your pets out of the kitchen.
You love them but if they're going to spend all their time under your feet then they can stay in the yard.
11. Slaving away while everyone else relaxes.
"No, it's fine. I'm fine."
12. Remembering dessert.
"Do you smell burning? Oh no, I forgot about the pumpkin pie!"
Who's hosting your Christmas dinner this year?
Tag them in the comments below!