1. Waking up on the morning of Christmas Eve and getting WAY too excited.
"This year I'll see him for sure!"
2. Making sure you stay on the nice list for one last day.
"Must. Be. Good. All. Day."
3. Carefully picking out the best cookies so he'll stay a little longer.
"Wait... is Santa allergic to peanuts?"
4. Being told by your parents that you have to go to bed.
"But I'm not even sleepy!"
5. But then you can't sleep!
He'll be here soon, you just know it.
6. So you listen for the sound of sleigh bells on the roof.
"What was that?! Oh wait, it's just another car."
7. And you have to resist the urge to go downstairs to check.
You don't want to end up waking your parents!
8. Peeking out of your bedroom window just to make sure.
Just one peek can't hurt.
9. Pretending you're asleep when your parents come to check on you.
"Should I pretend to snore? No, no that's too much."
10. Fighting that warm and cozy sleepy feeling.
"I can just close my eyes for five minutes..."
11. Watching TV with the sound turned down to try and stay awake.
"Nice, glowy, warm TV to keep me alert so I can wait up for... something."
12. But inevitably, you fall asleep!
Just like last year! Ugh, that's the worst!
13. And Santa gets away, AGAIN!
"There's always next year, I guess."
14. So you just have to console yourself with all of the great presents he brought you.
Have you ever tried to wait up for Santa?
Tell us about it in the comments below!