Aria embraced her dark side in Pretty Little Liars Season 7 Episode 15, and we were shook! She betrayed the Liars and joined the A-Team, all in the hope of protecting Ezra from whatever's inside that file. While we still can't quite believe that she would do that to her friends, it did get us thinking about all the things in Aria's past which signalled that she might have a dark side. Take a look at the signs of Dark Aria we spotted below.
1. She hid her dad's affair from her mom.
Aria was supposed to be super close to her mom, yet she hid Byron's affair from her for well over a year. Holding on to such a huge secret like that for so long would be a struggle for most people, but it didn't seem to give Aria too much trouble.
2. She kept her relationship with Ezra a secret from her friends for a really long time.
When you have friends as close to you as Aria has with the Liars, you would usually tell them everything. But Aria didn't tell any of the Liars about her relationship for months. The only reason they found out was because Hanna saw them together, so who knows how much longer Aria would have kept it from them if she hadn't been caught.
3. Even her friends recognized that she was the best liar in the group.
And it's true. Just think of all the lies she would have had to tell to keep those two huge secrets for so long.
4. She totally trashed her dad's office to frame Meredith.
Sure, she may have had some encouragement from Ali, but it really didn't take that much to convince Aria that it was a good idea.
5. Remember that time she made Mona cry?
We never did find out what she whispered to her, but it must have been pretty bad to get under the skin of the usually steely Mona.
6. She was all too quick to accuse Andrew of being their captor in the Dollhouse.
Aria knew she hadn't seen Andrew in the Dollhouse, but she was so desperate to see someone be punished for what happened to her that she was willing to let an innocent man take the fall for it.
7. The doll phase of her photography was really creepy.
Like, really creepy. *shudders*
8. And how could we forget about that admissions letter she wrote about Ezra.
She said some pretty harsh things about a guy she was meant to be in love with.
9. She's picked up a keen interest in hacking.
Tracking Sydney in Season 7 Episode 13 wasn't the first time she's asked Caleb to teach her some hacking skills. Remember when she asked him to show her how to hack into the college databases to find out if A had sabotaged her chances of getting admitted? Seems like an odd hobby for a would-be writer...
10. She was just a little too forceful with Sydney.
For one so small, Aria is a lot stronger and more intimidating, than you might think.
Did you see Dark Aria coming? Tell us in the comments.
And don't forget, you can always watch the latest episodes of Pretty Little Liars Season 7B here on Freeform.