1. Season 3 began with the breakdown of Aria's parents' marriage.
She was worried that it was all because of her and Ezra.
2. She wanted to help Emily pass her make up tests by enlisting Ezra as her tutor.
Such an awesome friend...even when she was going through a tough time herself!
3. And it totally worked, Emily aced her test...
With a little help from Ella Montgomery!
4. Knowing Ezra was being rejected for jobs, Aria tried to treat him to some of his favorite food.
But he didn't like her charity one bit.
5. Aria got beautifully dolled up to meet Ezra's mom.
6. Who took an instant dislike to Aria and made her question whether she had ruined Ezra's life.
7. Sparia teamed up to go to the Khan's house party together to get some answers from Noel and Jenna.
It was a night of truths for Aria!
8. Turns out Ezra's mom had got involved in some of his previous relationships too.
When Ezra and his teenage girlfriend Maggie had gotten pregnant, Mrs Fitz paid her off to ensure she disappeared from his life.
9. Aria asked Ezra why he had kept Maggie a secret from her.
10. And decided to find Maggie using a false name.
Turned out she has a seven year old son who looked pretty familiar.
11. Aria, Ezra and his brother had an awkward birthday celebration together.
As Aria tried to figure out what to do next about Ezra's son.
12. Meanwhile Aria was having to deal with her dad's girlfriend suddenly being her teacher too.
13. And, of course, A found out about Malcolm before Ezra.
14. Byron's girlfriend pretended to look after Aria when she was sick...but she had hidden motives.
15. Aria's dad felt terrible for ever letting Meredith get near his family.
It scared him that he could not always be around to protect his daughter.
16. A encouraged Spencer to tell Ezra that he had a son in the most evil way possible!
17. Ezra disappeared for a few days to meet Malcolm...but returned to Aria with an apology for shutting her out.
He even wanted them to enjoy some Vegan take out together!
18. Aria wanted to support Ezra but knew that Malcolm was a whole new responsibility in his life.
What did that mean for Ezria?
19. Despite being conflicted, Aria tried to help Ezra by asking her dad if he knew of any job vacancies coming up.
20. Aria encouraged her school to offer Ezra a teaching job by pretending that they were no longer together.
21. When Malcolm was kidnapped by A, Aria couldn't deal with the pressure of potentially endangering Ezra, or his little boy, ever again.
22. She and Ezra had to move on from each other so that he could focus on raising Malcolm.
And it was heart breaking.