1. On the morning you are supposed to meet them, you wake up TERRIFIED.
2. You try as hard as you can to mentally prepare yourself.
You can only hope that you won't say something you will immediately regret.
3. You have to rummage through your wardrobe to find your most respectable outfit.
But then you worry that it might look like you are trying too hard.
4. You're overly polite in a way you've never been before.
You actually surprise yourself with your niceties.
5. You get even more nervous when you realize that they can probably smell your fear.
6. You're never sure where to draw the line in terms of displays of affection.
And you will probably cross it accidentally.
7. Just as it starts going well, you make a REALLY inappropriate joke that no one laughs at.
8. But then you somehow become BFFs.
And you wonder how in the world you pulled that off.
Have you had any awkward experiences meeting your SO's parents for the first time?
Let us know in the comments!