1. When he stayed out all night practicing his aim just to avoid seeing Clary.
2. When he couldn't believe what he had done to his Parabatai.
3. When he felt completely helpless and blamed himself for every bad thing that had happened.
4. When he took out his frustration on Jace even though the person he was really mad at was himself.
5. When he couldn't find the words to explain his feelings of guilt and regret.
6. When he literally jumped off the Institute roof to get away from his problems.
7. When he waited for Magnus to find him on the fire escape.
8. When he admitted that he was having a really hard time being around the other Shadowhunters.
9. When he didn't think he deserved to be healed.
10. When Magnus saw the pain underneath his tough exterior and Alec didn't even try to argue.
11. When he took complete responsibility for the actions of the Demon.
12. When he just wanted Magnus to tell him how to fix everything.
13. When he really wanted to believe in the strength that Magnus saw inside of him.
14. When he was brokenhearted for Clary and her loss.
15. And was willing to do absolutely anything to make it up to her.
16. When he made a vow to support her no matter what she decided to do.
17. When he wanted to stay by her side, but didn't get the choice.
18. When he started to get suspicious of the danger that Clary might be in.
19. When he took on a powerful Warlock and had to deal with the consequences.
20. When he finally accepted what had happened and said goodbye to Jocelyn.
In case you're literally crying right now, we wanted to cheer you up with this funny moment where Iris suggested that Alec and Clary were dating:
Do you feel better? Look how horrified they both are!
Have you seen S2E5 yet? Watch it right here on Freeform!
Poor Alec is going through such a hard time right now. Do you think he'll be ok? Tell us in the comments.