1. That look of disapproval.
Perfected by parents through the centuries! We already feel like we've done something wrong...
2. They never like your outfit.
Pull it together, Mom and Dad.
3. They have a favorite child.
Don't even try to deny it mom, we know it's true!
4. They're always keeping secrets.
Sometimes it's for your own good. Sometimes it's for theirs.
5. They're really proud of you!
You know, not ALL the time? But a lot!
6. They always have side-bar "grown-up" conversations.
Still hard to get in on these, no matter how old you are.
7. They will bribe you if necessary.
Don't accept the gift until you know the terms and conditions.
8. They call you by your full name...
...and that's never good.
9. They treat you like a child no matter how old you are!
Although, Max is actually nine. So, they get a pass here.
10. They constantly judge your life decisions.
So we went on a few unapproved demon-hunting missions. Big deal!
11. The withering criticism.
But in a very loving way! So crafty...
12. They're always coming into your bedroom for a heart-to-heart.
PLEASE DON'T INVADE MY PERSONAL SPACE, LET'S DO THIS IN THE KITCHEN!
13. They work as a team.
If one of them says no there's no point asking the other one!
14. They're not mad, just disappointed.
Disappointed is way worse than angry!
15. They'll nurse you when you're injured.
You don't need to go to the hospital. Your father took that first aid course at work!
16. They want to be consulted before you make any marriage plans.
And in some cases, they'd prefer to arrange the marriage themselves.
17. But they love a good wedding!
Especially when it will restore the family honor.
18. They hate surprises.
Especially the really big ones.
19. They can be very bossy.
Which can be terrifying.
20. They never think anyone is good enough for you.
Your life! Your decisions!
21. They don't always understand the youth.
Good news? Everyone keeps getting older. And then you can all be friends.
22. They'll always be there for you.
As Magnus said, "Don’t underestimate a parent’s love."
Are the Lightwoods like your parents?
Tell us in the comments!