The date between Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane in S2E6 made all of our wildest dreams come true!
We have been dying for this date to happen since Malec first met in Shadowhunters Season 1, and it was totally worth the wait. There were cute romantic moments, adorable awkward pauses, and even some hustling at the pool table! If you ship Malec as hard as we do then please relive their FIRST DATE EVER with these awesome GIFs.
1. Magnus and Alec have asked each other out so many times that we didn't even want to get our hopes up when this happened:
Did anyone else's heart stop beating for a second?
2. But they actually went to the Hunter's Moon together!
Magnus ordered Alec a beer even though neither of them drink it. So cute!
3. Then they got competitive when Alec tried to teach Magnus how to play pool.
Alec, we love you, but Magnus has been alive for centuries. He might have helped to invent pool! Who knows?
4. But Magnus turned around and totally schooled him!
It was AWESOME.
5. Actually, Magnus's pool skills seem to make Alec even more attracted to him!
Our boy loves a bit of competition.
6. Everything was going great until they started talking about their previous relationships...
Poor Alec seemed so embarrassed about only having one ex!
7. It was so awkward that Alec even drank a cocktail just to avoid the conversation.
He really hates cocktails.
8. Magnus was totally freaked out and not hiding it very well.
They were both just confused and uncomfortable. That is not how we wanted their first date to go down!
9. Alec broke our hearts when he talked about keeping his secret while growing up at the Institute.
He had to hide his true self the whole time! *Cries*
10. And you could see Magnus melting inside when Alec opened up about his feelings.
We were ALL falling in love with Alec at that moment.
11. He wanted Alec to feel comfortable just being himself.
YOU'RE SPECIAL ALEC! Note to self: stop screaming at the TV or people will take your TV away.
12. Things were going great again until Alec asked how many people Magnus had been with.
Oh no. Oh no stop that. Stop talking right now!
13. Because it was a lot. And we mean a LOT.
Magnus is crazy old. It makes sense that he's been "friendly" with a bunch of people!
14. Alec didn't even know how to react, but he tried to pretend that everything was OK.
We were not buying it. And clearly Magnus wasn't either.
15. He didn't talk much on the way home and then he confronted Magnus about their differences.
They were both so distant with each other. We thought it was all over!
16. Alec started to leave and Magnus looked destroyed!
He didn't know what to say to make Alec feel better!
17. But then Alec stopped and realized what he was doing!
Giving up on something just because things were getting a little bit difficult? That's not the Lightwood way.
18. He decided he wasn't going to let Magnus's past get in the way of their future.
Alec has grown so much since he met this handsome Warlock!
19. And Magnus was overjoyed to give their relationship a second chance.
They're both so vulnerable that it makes us want to wrap them in blankets and keep them safe forever!
20. They fixed all their problems with the MOST ROMANTIC KISS IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
Not that we're biased or anything.
21. And then Jace chose the perfect moment to walk in and kill the vibe.
We will never forgive him for this. NEVER. Or at least, not until the next time Malec kiss. It better be soon!
Have you seen S2E6 yet? Watch it right here on Freeform. Or re-watch it just for the magical Malec moments!
If you've calmed down enough to type, please tell us all of your favorite parts of the Malec date in the comments.