1. Jace is awaiting his trial in The City of Bones for betraying The Clave.
2. And Clary is desperate to prove his innocence.
3. But Jace refuses to let her help him!
4. He's terrified of Valentine using Clary to get to him.
5. And later he has a nightmare in which he kills Clary!
6. He wakes to find an old enemy is in the cell next to him.
7. But Jace isn't ready to give up like Hodge!
8. As soon as the trial begins Aldertree is asking super personal questions!
9. And Jace can't deny his true feelings for Clary!
10. Aldertree finally asks the crucial question.
11. But Jace has lost faith in The Clave after all the mistakes they've made.
12. He tries to end his own life, but a Silent Brother stops him.
13. No sooner is he back in his cell than Valentine turns up to free him!
14. Valentine tries again to convince his son to join him.
15. But Jace totally shuts him down!
16. Aldertree and Jace join forces to fight Valentine.
17. Valentine has the chance to kill Jace, but can't bring himself to do it.
18. Jace manages to save Aldertree, but Valentine escapes with the Soul Sword.
19. Jace hurries back to The Institute only to discover the devastation caused by the demon attack.
How do you think Jace will recover from all the trauma he went through in Episode 4?
Tell us in the comments!