In season 4, we watched Lena struggle as she was torn between her children and her career. We felt all of her highs and lows as she tried to keep the family together. Get up-to-date on everything Lena went through with our recap below, or watch the latest episodes of The Fosters here on Freeform. Don't forget, season 5 premieres on July 11.
1. During the lockdown at Anchor Beach, Lena was trapped in her office, desperately trying to make sure the kids were all safe.
When they couldn't find Mariana she must have felt so helpless 😭.
2. Lena helped Jude collect Jack's unclaimed ashes.
What happened to Jack was a tragedy, we're so glad someone did right by him at last.
3. After Nick was arrested for invading their home, Lena struggled to keep it together.
"I want whatever it takes to make us safe."
4. Lena struggled with her conscience when the school put in extra security after the lockdown.
It was important for the kids to feel safe, but Anchor Beach might have gone too far.
She has too big a heart to let her babies struggle.
6. At her 40th birthday party, Lena celebrated in true 70s style.
Looking good, Lena 😉.
7. When Jesus had an accident with a nail gun, Lena tried her best to keep everyone calm during his surgery.
This had to have been so scary, poor mama 😢.
8. At Mariana's robotics competition, Lena supported her daughter and gave her leadership advice.
Mariana needed to cool off a little, even if she didn't quite realize it.
9. After her mom managed to save the house from being sold, Lena was filled with relief. Until she realized it was too late to back out of the sale.
The moms ended up divorcing to legally save the house. It definitely wasn't an easy decision to make.
10. In the season 4A finale, Lena broke the news to Brandon that he wasn't going to Juiliard.
This was absolutely heartbreaking 💔.
11. In the season 4B premiere, Jesus was rushed back to the hospital and Lena turned to her faith for guidance.
Comfort comes in a lot of different forms.
12. Lena had a possible supernatural encounter at Jesus' bedside when she met another mother looking over her comatose daughter.
Could she have been an answer to Lena's prayers?
13. After Callie was sent back to juvie, Lena convinced Stef that they should allow Jude to see Noah.
"Should we be taking another person away from him after Connor and Jack?"
14. When she realized how lonely Jesus would be in a physiotherapy center, Lena decided to bring him home to look after him herself.
Such a brave choice, Lena is serious #momgoals.
15. After Anchor Beach refused to offer LGBT-inclusive sex ed classes, Lena stepped in to put on classes separately from the school.
This was absolutely the right thing to do, especially after Jude almost got into some serious trouble using a dating app.
16. After Stef's mom decided she didn't need to get married, Lena and Stef got married again instead.
And it was perfect.
17. Lena was left in shock when Monte stepped down as principal of Anchor Beach, and Drew was asked to fill in for her.
Monte was definitely good for Anchor Beach. She did not deserve to lose her job.
18. When Stef got promoted to detective it led to an intense argument between the moms.
We know Stef was working hard for the family, but Lena was basically running the house by herself.
19. After Monte and Lena uncovered Drew's plans to privatize Anchor Beach, the pair became amateur detectives.
A Monte and Lena detective show would be the best spin off ever...
20. In the intense season 4B finale, Lena failed to defend Anchor Beach from being privatized, but succeeded in getting the students to use their voices to speak out.
Lena finished the season basically telling Drew, "I told you so," when the students started to protest.
What do you think Lena will do next? Let us know in the comments.
If you can't wait for the season 5 summer premiere on July 11, catch up on the most recent episodes of The Fosters right here on Freeform.