1. Waking up way too early to see if Santa's left your presents.
"Just because I'm excited, doesn't mean I'm not tired."
2. When your grandparents get you socks.
"Thanks Grandma. These look... warm."
3. Trying not to eat all of the Christmas candy before dinner.
You can always make room for dinner later... right?
4. Having to call distant relatives you've never heard of to wish them a Merry Christmas.
"Hey Auntie! Yes, of course I remember you! How can I forget my Auntie... Mabel?"
5. Your parents always end up embarrassing you.
"Please, don't get out my baby pictures!"
6. Inevitably, the kids spend all day playing video games.
"Please, guys, your Grandparents came all the way here just to see you! Just stop playing for ten minutes?"
7. And then all of their toys end up flooding the front room.
"Why didn't we think about where the drum set would go before we asked Santa for it?"
8. When you open a toy and it's covered in those really tricky twist ties.
This is suspense that literally no one can handle on Christmas morning!
9. Having to sit at the kids table because there's no room for you.
"Please, don't wipe your messy fingers on my new Christmas sweater!"
10. Hanging out with cool relatives you've not seen in a while.
"Thank you for saving me from all of these crazy people!"
11. Watching your fave Christmas movies on TV.
Now if only everybody would be quiet so you could actually hear the movie as well.
12. When somebody gets a really loud present for the kids.
Hopefully Santa brought you some earplugs.
13. And then having to hide from your weird relative with a strange new hobby.
"I didn't know that about taxidermy, no, err... I'm going to go see what Mom's up to with dinner."
14. But in the end it's all worth it for that one, super sweet present.
"Omg! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"
Which moment had you saying same?
Let us know what you think in the comments below.