1. Mandatory Christmas uniforms.
"Yes, it's itchy. No, I can't take it off."
2. Putting up holiday displays.
You never want to see another paper snowflake again.
3. When customers ask you to look in the back.
It's NOT actually a magic Christmas portal.
4. Having to deal with rude customers.
"Whatever you're mad about, it definitely isn't my fault. I'm sorry."
5. Having to deal with customers in general.
Retail makes you look at people in a whole new way.
6. Fighting to get some time off.
"JUST ONE DAY OFF! PLEASE?!"
7. Being given pity stares for working during the Holidays.
Then again, if they really cared then they wouldn't come shopping.
8. Christmas music 24/7.
"I don't remember what silence even sounds like."
9. Feeling like a worldly old-timer after the season is over.
"You won't believe the things I've seen."
10. Explaining to your family why you have to go back to work so soon after Christmas.
Your mom will stop making you feel guilty eventually, we promise.
11. Fantasizing about having a normal job.
One day this will all be one bad dream.
12. Getting jealous of everyone who gets a full Christmas vacation.
You don't know misery until you've worked on New Year's Day.
13. Getting really close with your work colleagues.
Friends who work ALL the hours together, stay together.
14. Having to pretend you're EXTRA cheerful.
You didn't know that your cheeks could hurt like this!
15. But it's all worth it when you get paid your Christmas overtime.
Have you ever had to work during the holidays?
Let us know about it in the comments below.