If you're a big Matilda fan then you must have asked yourself the question, "Why did all those parents send their children to Crunchem Hall Elementary School in the first place?" We know exactly how you feel. Here is our top ten list of reasons why that place should have been shut down from day one!
1. The most obvious reason: the principal hates kids.
2. She has thrown at least two children out of the window. That we know of.
3. Her punishments are really strange and horrible.
4. And the chokey is like an invention from our childhood nightmares.
5. She treats the teachers like her personal servants.
6. Miss Trunchbull carries a riding crop and she's not afraid to use it.
7. And she totally gets away with doing things like this:
8. The school board in this district must be really terrible.
9. The only safe space in that school is Miss Honey's class...unless Miss Trunchbull is paying a visit.
10. Who even made her principal in the first place?
Let's face it, they were probably as scared of her as we are.
Did we miss anything? Tell us in the comments.
And don't forget to watch Matilda right here on Freeform while you have the chance.