1. So, not surprisingly, Willa tells Holden that his mind was very active in the 12 years he was in a coma.
And this piece of information is essential if you want to follow the rest of her explanation.
2. She then explains that all of Holden's outbursts of powers are a result of his mind trying to make him remember.
She says it's like anyone dealing with a trauma, but that his responses are "a bit more dramatic".
3. She seems to think that there's a part of Holden trying to push the memories into his consciousness.
But maybe Holden doesn't want to remember?
4. Willa believes that the key to controlling his power is:
At least, she says that that's her "best guess".
5. So Holden took all of his real life memories into another world while he was unconscious.
As explained by Willa's helpful water and sponge demonstration.
6. Willa met Holden in this other world.
Just to be clear, they didn't meet in a greasy kitchen dish. It's a metaphor, guys.
7. And it has a name!
Sounds spooky, right?
8. It seems Holden can be made to go back into The Realm.
Willa injects him with something that is supposed to send his mind back there.
9. The use of hot water can also bring Holden out of The Realm.
Willa puts Holden in a hot bath to bring him out. So that's what all of her kettles are for!
10. When Holden remembers things from The Realm, he doesn't see himself as a 12 year old.
So all of his memories of The Realm are in his current body.
11. Holden was on the run from attack for the whole 12 years he spent in The Realm.
And Willa was running with him.
Has this episode cleared up a lot of your questions?
Tell us in the comments below!