1. Try not to be completely ignored when you're asking someone out.
Holden's face when Jamie doesn't respond is heartbreaking!
2. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
But be polite. Because your mama raised you right.
3. And if all else fails, unleash your very best chat up line.
Works every time.
4. Don't go over the top with romantic gestures on the first date!
Save those for a future date (if you get one).
5. And don't let others stress you out with their advice or criticisms.
Haters gonna hate.
6. The first hug is tricky.
There is a 90% chance that it will be a little bit awkward.
7. Be as smooth as possible at all times.
Holden really has this bit down!
8. If you're feeling super confident, karaoke is a great bonding activity!
This was such a cute scene.
9. And remember, DO NOT run away halfway through your date!
Even if, like Holden, you think wolves are chasing you. It's just rude.
10. Or you could skip all that drama and just go straight for a kiss!
(This is not recommended).
Are you super confident on first dates? Or do they terrify you?
Tell us in the comments!