1. Men in bowler hats aren't to be trusted anymore.
2. And if they can play creepy piano music then you are probably already doomed.
3. Any lake. Anywhere.
In fact, give up swimming all together because...
4. If you go swimming, there will be a floating dead body waiting for you!
5. Basements only exist to cause psychological torture.
There WILL be a ghost waiting for you. It's just a fact.
6. A torch and pitchfork mob could run you out of town at any second.
7. If you find a dead animal, 60% of the time a satanic ritual is about to go down.
9. If you find a hole in a tree, do NOT reach into it.
10. Old photos can and WILL haunt your dreams.
11. Cameras aren't to be trusted.
12. Children can be super creepy.
13. Especially when armed with crayons.
14. Rocking chairs that creak all on their own means you are DEFINITELY being haunted.
15. Waking up with a tattoo you don't remember getting is NEVER a good sign.
16. Being rejected for a kiss is more terrifying than your face melting off.
17. ALSO, your face melting off is within the realm of possibilities.
18. If you find an abandoned cabin in the woods, turn around and run like hell.
19. Old haunted toys will most likely ruin your childhood.
20. See someone wearing a mask? Run. NOW!
21. Don't EVER get into a car with a random stranger.
Okay, we guess this is just common sense.
22. Bear traps are EVERYWHERE!
In the woods, in your garden, in your house! You name it and you will find a bear trap just waiting to be stepped on.
23. Only bad things happen in the woods.
Unless you are playing hide 'n' seek.
24. Going for a swim + cloudy weather = Being struck by lightning
25. Be on your toes on prom night because you will either hallucinate or have a meltdown.
26. Don't ever crouch down to look through that peep hole! EVER!
27. There are monsters lurking in unexpected places.
For example, in someone's mouth.
28. Lots and lots of balloons either means it is your birthday or you are being haunted by your past.
29. Mannequins are real people just playing pretend waiting to abduct you.
30. Learning to tie a bow tie is our real fear!
31. Or strolling into your bathroom and finding this written on your wall...
It's one or the other, we'd say.
Let us know what scares you the most after watching Dead of Summer in the comments below!