1. He used to hate Camp Stillwater!
His dad had to basically force him to go.
Now he loves that place like a second home!
And he's determined to protect all the campers and counselors from danger.
2. He used to be hot-headed and impulsive!
Just throwing himself into fights without thinking it through.
Now he is more cautious and strategic!
He knows it's better to have a plan before putting himself, or others, in danger.
3. He was best friends with Damon and always got him into trouble!
Poor little Damon.
Now he and Damon are enemies and his old friend is in a satanic cult!
Poor big Damon.
4. He never cared about anything as a child!
Or at least, he pretended not to care.
Now he cares so much that he has become a cop!
And he takes personal responsibility for everyone's safety.
5. He used to beat people up!
Young Sykes had some aggression issues.
Now...he still beats people up!
But only if they've secretly been involved in summoning a demon and also killed his father. That's a fairly good reason.