1. "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" - Poison
This song was Poison's only number one hit in the U.S. And it kept the top spot for three weeks!
2. "Straight Up" - Paula Abdul
The original version of this song was recorded in a bathroom! Ah, the golden age of music production...
3. "Lost in Your Eyes" - Debbie Gibson
The important thing is that no one is getting emotional... *cries*
4. "Eternal Flame" - The Bangles
Most 90s kids remember the Atomic Kitten version of this song, but true 80s kids keep The Bangles in their hearts. Always.
5. "Like a Prayer" - Madonna
Just when you thought Madonna couldn't sound any better, she got a gospel choir as backup singers!
6. "Wind Beneath My Wings" - Bette Midler
Did you ever know that you're my hero...Bette? This song is even more emotional if you've ever watched the movie Beaches!
7. "Good Thing" - Fine Young Cannibals
Fine Young Cannibals portrayed a nightclub band in the movieTin Men (1987) and performed this song before it became a hit.
8. "Batdance" - Prince
It's hard not to miss this legend when you're watching Batman (1989). RIP.
9. "Hangin' Tough" - New Kids On the Block
Maybe they're not so new anymore, but we still wish they'd hang out on our block!
10. "Miss You Much" - Janet Jackson
Ms. Jackson dominated the charts this month! This single was the Billboard number one for four weeks straight!
11. "Listen to Your Heart" - Roxette
This song is such a timeless classic that it was remixed and re-released by Belgian band "DHT" in 2005!
12. "We Didn't Start the Fire" - Billy Joel
It's hard to find anyone who doesn't know this song! Billy Joel, we love you!
Which number one hit was your fave? Tell us in the comments!