Season 1 of Good Trouble saw Mariana redefine the rules as only Mariana can. Rewatch season 1 and celebrate the fearless leader of the Byte Club with our list of her best moments. Don't forget to tune in for the season 2 premiere on Tuesday, June 18th at 8/7c on Freeform.
1. When she went full Macklemore.
Not the type to be thrown off after losing all her possessions, Mariana took replacing her wardrobe as an opportunity to give us all a lesson in thrift store shopping.
2. Every time she had to shoot down workplace stereotypes like this.
Exhibit A for why we need more women in STEM.
3. Or dared to ask the important questions.
The status quo isn't working.
4. And ultimately refused to pretend what was going on was ok.
Racial stereotyping is not acceptable workplace banter. Period.
5. When she elevated the office costume party.
It was a damn good costume.
6. And threw serious sci-fi shade.
Live long and prosper, bro-holes.
7. When she served up the truth about Callie's demanding love life.
8. And wasn't shy about her own sex life.
Callie's face is priceless.
9. When she stood up and reclaimed ownership of her ideas.
10. Then led the revolution.
First rule of Byte Club — oops, already said too much.
11. And inspired others to do more.
She is her mothers' daughter.
12. When she gave her mama the courage to continue her political campaign.
You taught her well, Lena.
13. And showed us it's okay to own our strengths.
It's all about confidence.
14. When her introduction to the Judge was charmingly honest.
Sisterly affection at its finest.
15. The time she quoted Queen Bey at the perfect moment.
Better wash it down with a cool glass of lemonade.
16. When she literally stole the show at Davia's re-birthday.
Keeping it super low-key, as usual.
17. When she nailed her spontaneous pitch at Gael's gallery show.
Any time, any place — Mariana brings her A game.
18. When she took one for the team.
Like a champ.
19. And started this wave of solidarity.
We all did it.
20. And finally, when she proved that consent is sexy.