Going through a breakup is tough -- one minute you're all happy and in love and the next you're sitting waist deep in tear-stained, junk food bags yelling "Whyyyyyyy?" at the ceiling and hating every single happy couple in the world. We've all been there, which is why we all know that when you go through a breakup there are some simple rules you just need to follow. Lucky for us, the girls from grown-ish are here to spell them out.
1. This is one of the only times that pajamas and unwashed hair are expected. Rock it.
Pro tip: Most food stains don't show up on black pajamas. You're welcome.
2. Binge-watching TV shows and blubbering in bed is totally acceptable.
So put on your favorite rom-com and get ready to wail. It's good for you ... probably.
3. Eating gross food is all part of the healing process.
And remember, just because things are filled with cheese doesn't mean you shouldn't put more cheese on top.
4. Don't be afraid to let loose...but don't do anything you'll regret later either.
A hangover will only add to your misery.
5. Remember to take selfies when you do manage to pull yourself out of bed.
There's nothing like an amazing new profile pic to make someone jealous. Just remember to brush that stray corn chip out of your hair first.
6. Let yourself feel what you’re feeling.
Healing doesn't happen over night.
7. Focus on the bad stuff about them.
See...they really weren't that great after all.
8. Never talk to your ex while you’re trying to get over them.
You're on a detox. You don't need that kind of poison.
9. Unfollow them on all social media.
And delete their number. Drunk likes are bad enough but drunk calls are worse.
10. Focus on your friends.
Surround yourself with your favorite humans to remind yourself how much love you still have in your life.
What's your number one breakup rule? Let us know in the comments.
And remember, you can watch all new episodes of grown-ish right here on Freeform.