Just like Tandy and Tyrone, we are desperate to put together exactly what happened during the Roxxon rig disaster. Check out some of the puzzle pieces we've managed to uncover below, and see the story unfold in the latest episodes of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger streaming now.
1. Eight years ago, Roxxon's experimental drilling platform blew up after a catastrophic failure.
According to Mina, the rig wasn't equipped for a new fuel source and so it overheated.
2. Roxxon were completely ignorant on how powerful the new fuel source was.
And they ignored warnings from both Roxxon scientist Nathan Bowen and lead engineer Ivan Hess that it would be too hot.
3. The disaster claimed the lives of every worker present on the rig … except for one.
Ivan Hess miraculously survived, but he's been in a catatonic state ever since.
4. Distracted by the sight of the collapsing rig, Nathan Bowen ended up driving his car, with Tandy inside, off a bridge.
While her father died, Tandy survived, but she'll always carry the emotional scars of this night.
5. Another in-direct casualty was Billy Johnson, who was shot by Connors after the explosion shocked him into firing.
This will always break our hearts.
6. The explosion also seems to be related to how Tyrone and Tandy got their powers.
We're still not sure what it did to them, but it's obviously not a coincidence that this was when they first used their abilities.
7. Since then, there's been a ruthless cover up by the Roxxon Corporation.
RIP Greg. You deserved so much better. 😔
8. And one of the biggest Roxxon execs, Peter Scarborough, hopes to profit off the volatile energy source even after the disaster.
Lives and the safety of the city of New Orleans be damned.
What do you think the full story of the disaster is? Let us know your theories in the comments.
Binge every episode of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger so far right here on Freeform.