After a long wait, the Liars were finally reunited with Ali in the finale of Season 4, and boy did she have a story to tell. Her revelations from the night she disappeared were totally shocking and when we watched this episode again, we still found it hard to take in everything we learned. Here are the 104 thoughts we had while we were rewatching it:
1. Wow, that apartment was way fancy. It's totally the type of place Ali would hide out in.
2. If we were on the run, there's no way we'd luck out like that.
3. Wait, whose phone is ringing?
4. Oh yeah, Noel! We totally forgot he was there.
5. He always did have a knack for showing up when you least expected it.
6. How weird is it that he was kind of helping Alison back then?
7. And how weird is it seeing him with his head attached to his body?!
8. "We're just sitting here like geese", classic Hanna.
9. "Geese honk." Even in a super tense situation like that Spencer can't resist correcting Hanna.
10. We love these Team Spanna moments ❤
11. "I want to hug you and slap you at the same time." Again, classic Hanna.
12. That would be our reaction too, to be fair.
13. Let's be honest, Ali did deserve both.
14. Aww seeing all the Liars together again with Ali was super sweet.
15. Eee, there was so much love in that Emison hug!
16. But you could cut the tension between Spencer and Ali with a knife. Ouch!
17. Oh yeah, and then they go and drop the "Your mom's A" bomb on Ali.
18. Looking back, this would have been so much easier if she had been!
19. "I'm ready to tell you guys everything". Well finally!
20. Even now the tension is killing us!
21. Argh, but now we've cut to CeCe and Holbrook.
22. PLL really does know how to play with our emotions.
23. Oh, but CeCe has her own story to tell...
24. We had really started to doubt that she was A at this point.
25. She was so good at keeping us guessing.
26. So Ali had worked out Jenna wasn't A way early on.
27. Are we ever going to find out what Jenna's endgame is?
28. 7B has so many questions to answer!
29. The PLL moms were totally freaking out. Those poor women have been put through so much.
30. We really hope the Liars have given them good Mother's Day gifts over the years.
31. They really deserve it! Remember when they got locked in that basement?!
32. Seriously, how did they get out of there?!
33. Holbrook just whipped out the photo of Ali and the Liars together after the night in Ravenswood.
34. And now Melissa's turned up.
35. We can still hardly keep up with all the surprises in this episode!
36. It's really making our heads spin.
37. How did they fit all of this into one episode?!
38. "You can never turn your back on a Hastings." Mrs. D was so cryptic. And dramatic.
39. Like mother, like daughter!
40. The young Liars were super cute!
41. We kind of miss Aria's pink hair.
42. She totally rocked that emo look.
43. We still can't believe Alison sedated the rest of the girls!
44. We get that she was suspicious of them, but come on!
45. What happened to secrets keeping you close??
46. She's got a point about her not always being the best friend to them though...
47. "Wait for it, Spencer. We'll get there." Did Ali not realize she was keeping US as well as Spencer on tenterhooks at this part?!
48. Holbrook playing Veronica and Peter was such a Wilden move.
49. Why do all the Rosewood police seem so sketchy?
50. Apart from Toby of course...
51. And he looks great in the uniform... 😍
52. Anyway, yes, back to this. Focus.
53. Urgh, Noel being nice. Weird, weird, weird.
54. He is NOT nice!
55. Talking of weird, seeing Ali and Erza being flirty with each other...
56. He's only meant to be like that with Aria!
57. Ali's apology to Aria is so heartfelt though. The girl has come so far.
58. Ew, we forgot how skeezy Ian was.
59. LOL, Hanna breaking the tension to get cookies is all of us.
60. We could totally go for a sugar break right now actually.
61. There's a lot to take in from this episode, even when you're watching it again!
62. Ezra trying to save Ali to win Aria back was everything.
63. Ezria have so got to be endgame.
64. AAAH, that moment when Spencer appears in the barn still freaks us out!
65. That look between Mrs. D and CeCe is so telling now!
66. We can't believe we had to wait so long to find out the story there.
67. PLL is such a great exercise in patience.
68. Peter's anguish over thinking that Spencer had killed the girl in Ali's grave was difficult to watch.
69. He's not always been the best dad but he really does care about Spencer.
70. But is he actually Spencer's dad? Is Mary Drake going to drop another bombshell on us in 7B??
71. AAAH! Spencer with the shovel! Miss Hastings can be so scary sometimes!
72. But then Ali is so sweet to her. She actually was a good friend sometimes back then.
73. OMG! That moment when Ali gets hit does not get any less shocking!
74. Mrs. D's face here was our exact reaction when we first watched this.
75. Watching her bury Ali alive doesn't get any less shocking either.
76. And we definitely still tear up when Ali tells them about this.
77. Mona to the rescue! Kind of...
78. We did not see this part coming.
79. It's diabolical, but also kind of genius.
80. In the end, Mona gets exactly what she wants: to get rid of Ali.
81. Seeing Mona in full A mode is always pretty chilling.
82. The look on Peter's face after Melissa whispers into his ear is epic!
83. We always knew she had something to hide.
84. We could never have guessed at the time what it actually was though...
85. Ali was like the Liars' guardian angel!
86. She risked her safety so many times to help them.
87. Argh! A coming after them up the fire escape is still terrifying!
88. Ohmigosh, they're trapped! They've got nowhere to go!
89. We know how this ends, why are we freaking out so much?!
90. NO, EMILY, NO, YOU CAN'T JUMP ACROSS TO THE OTHER BUILDING!
92. Ezra has come to save them!
93. We had never been so relieved to see his face!
94. Can we just talk about how much of a badass Hanna is?
95. She's almost been killed and now she's facing down A directly.
96. Yup, that is definitely not Mrs. D.
97. Unless she's been doing some serious parkour.
98. NO, Ezra!
99. And we're tearing up again.
100. We really, really need to calm down.
101. Oh but wait, it's not over...
102. Mrs. D is dead!!!
103. How much did this episode have to throw at us?!
104. That was almost too much drama to handle!
Have you rewatched this episode again recently too? Were your reactions the same? Tell us in the comments below.