1. Pretending to be enthusiastic when your boss gives you a task.
I would love to offer people refills! Thank you for this opportunity!
2. Hiding in the staff room.
Maybe all the customers will go away if you stay in there long enough?
3. Customers asking you questions you don't know the answer to.
"Are these low-fat?" "Em...probably? Let's try one and find out!"
4. One word: uniform.
Surely it's possible to look professional without a clip on tie? No?
5. Staying calm when you get a request that makes no sense.
Aren't biscottis basically pure gluten?
6. The concentration it takes not to spill things!
Don't trip, don't trip, DON'T TRIP!
7. People not giving a clear response when you ask for their name.
Get ready for a whole new name, lady!
8. Trying not to eat all the cakes.
Must. Be. Strong.
9. Praying to whatever deity you believe in for patience.
Please grant me the strength.
10. Having to serve people you know.
YOU'RE NOT BETTER THAN ME!
11. Those customers that always try to dispute their bill.
Why are you so determined to save $2? Is it really worth it?
12. Your boss treating you like a complete amateur.
Even though he knows you have loads of experience! It was on your résumé.
13. Getting in trouble for talking to your friends on the job.
They're technically customers! It still counts as work.
14. Being able to spot the problem customers a mile away.
And then arguing with your colleagues about who has to serve them.
15. People expecting you to be at their beck and call.
You have your coffee. My work here is done!
16. Hearing customers complaining about the service.
They must know that this curtain isn't soundproof, right?