1. Be enthusiastic when your boss gives you a task!
I would love to! Thanks for this opportunity!
2. Take frequent breaks.
Maybe all the customers will go away if you hide for a minute?
3. When a customer asks you a question you don't know the answer to.
Be cute about it.
4. Dress up that uniform.
There's a way to make a clip-on tie work. There has to be.
5. When you get a request you don't understand.
6. Don't spill anything.
Easier said than done.
7. When you ask for a name and the customer mumbles.
And then they get mad when you spell it wrong!
8. Trying not to eat all the cakes.
They're not snacks. They're desserts. They're not snacks. They're desserts. They're not snacks. They're desserts.
9. Praying to whatever deity you believe in for patience.
10. Customer conversations are the BEST!
They must know that this curtain isn't soundproof, right?
11. Cheerfully serve people you know.
YOU'RE NOT BETTER THAN ME!
12. Don't forget the people on the patio.
They've been waiting for water.
13. Agree to overtime sparingly.
Will I ever be free?
14. Stay patient.
Some people will ask you to go over the bill with them. Smile through it. We believe in you.
15. You're going to overhear people talk about the service...
Those people don't get free cookies.
16. The key to tips is a big smile.
Even if it's not real.
17. Stay caffeinated.
Also hydrated. They're the key to happiness.