1. The 'this can't be happening to me' moment.
This is a bad dream, right?
2. The realization that it really IS over.
3. EAT ALL THE CAKE.
4. When that stops feeling good, you cling to your friends for dear life.
5. And make them cradle you as you cry.
Seriously, you guys can never let me go.
6. You stay in your pj's all day long and binge watch your favorite TV show.
Pretty Little Liars marathon anybody?!
7. You're tempted to send the ex just ONE little text!
But no matter how cool you play it, this is NEVER a good idea.
8. And finally delete their number so you won't try it again.
It's for the best. Honestly.
9. But then you start obsessing over their Instagram...
They're where?! With WHO?!
10. And realize you need to delete them from ALL forms of social media too.
Which you instantly regret.
11. You make your parents buy you food and tell you everything is going to be ok.
Pretending you're a little kid again is part of the healing process!
12. And treat yourself to a shopping spree.
Retail therapy is the best therapy.
13. You find out where your ex will be hanging so you can turn up looking totally flawless.
Yeah, I woke up like this.
14. The moment when you realize you don't need them anyway!
It's their loss!
15. And you ceremoniously burn everything they ever bought you.
16. You go out with your BFFs to celebrate moving on!
And forget all about that loser!
17. And post gorgeous selfies to show just how over them you are.
What's your favorite way of getting over a brutal break up (besides a PLL binge, of course!)? Let us know in the comments!