1. The Liars were having a sleepover in Spencer's barn the night Alison disappeared.
Late into the night, the girls woke up to find Spencer and Alison missing. Spencer then returned to the barn and told the girls that she couldn't find Alison anywhere and that she thought she had heard her scream.
2. One year later, Aria returned to Rosewood after living in Iceland for a year with her family.
3. Not long after she returned, she met Ezra and they shared their first kiss!
Aria then got her first message from 'A' telling her that they knew about her relationship with Ezra.
4. Aria had a flashback to the time she caught her dad cheating on her mom.
We later found out that Alison was there with her and that she had tried to force Aria to tell her mom.
5. Emily met Maya St. Germain as she was moving into the DiLaurentis house.
There was immediate chemistry between them and even though they both had boyfriends, they ended up kissing. Not long after, 'A' messaged Emily and told her that it looked like she'd found another girl to kiss.
6. Spencer met her sister's fiancé, Wren, and sparks flew between them when he offered to give her a massage.
Spencer then got a message from 'A', which said that it wouldn't be the first time she liked one of her sister's boyfriends. We later found out that a few years ago Spencer had kissed Melissa's boyfriend, Ian. We also learned that Alison saw it happen and that she had tried to force Spencer to tell her sister.
7. Hanna had turned into one of the most popular girls in Rosewood and Mona was her new best friend.
But Hanna also got a message from 'A,' who wouldn't let her forget her unpopular days.
8. She was dating Sean at the time.
And Hanna wanted to take things further in their relationship, but Sean was adamant that they should wait.
9. Since 'A' seemed to know all of their secrets, the Liars wondered if 'A' was Alison...
But then her body was uncovered. Well, they thought her body was uncovered...!
10. The Liars attended Alison's funeral and were surprised to see Jenna there because of "The Jenna Thing."
11. Darren Wilden introduced himself to the Liars.
He told them that Alison's case was no longer a missing person's case, but a murder investigation and that he would be checking over their statements!
12. Spencer told the Liars that Alison was dating an older man the summer she disappeared.
But she didn't know who it was.
13. "The Jenna Thing" all became clear.
We learned that Alison caught Toby spying on the Liars and as revenge, Alison threw a stink bomb into Toby's garage, causing an explosion. Unbeknown to Alison, Jenna was inside the garage and was blinded as a result. However, Alison blackmailed Toby to take the blame for the fire.
14. Spencer and Wren ended up kissing!
Melissa saw them and broke off her engagement with Wren.
15. Emily's feelings for Maya began to deepen, which caused her relationship with Ben to suffer.
At one point, he assaulted her and Toby fought him off!
16. At a party, Emily and Maya kissed in a photobooth.
Someone ended up stealing their photos, which upset Emily. It didn't bother Maya though -- she told Emily that she didn't mind who saw them kissing!
17. At the same party, Hanna tried to have sex with Sean but he rejected her.
She was so upset that she crashed his car and ended up working in his mom's office to pay off the damage.
18. A few days later, Hanna went out for dinner with her dad and learned that he was going to be remarried.
She then met his finacée and her daughter.
19. Aria's mom got a letter from 'A,' which told her about Byron's infidelity and that Aria had known about it!
This resulted in Aria's parents splitting up.
20. Emily and Toby started to get to know each other.
21. Spencer met Alex at her parents' country club and they started dating.
22. 'A' sent Hanna the photos of Emily and Maya kissing in the photo booth.
23. Aria left her phone at Ezra's and he saw a message from 'A' that was about him.
He thought that 'A' was one of Aria's friends and that she must have told them about their secret relationship!
24. Hanna learned that Sean was part of a virginity club at school.
So she decided to go to the club, too!
25. Hanna met Lucas at the club.
They became friends despite Mona's disgust that Hanna had befriended a nerd.
26. The Liars spotted Toby's cryptic tattoo.
They didn't know what it meant, but they thought it looked suspicious.
27. Hanna snuck into the psychologist's office during the homecoming dance to steal Jenna's file in order to learn more about the Cavanaughs.
She ended up stealing Toby's file by accident. When the Liars read the file, they found out that Toby and Jenna had been in a relationship. They came to the realization that Alison must have known this and used it to blackmail Toby. They also thought that Toby must have killed Alison!
28. However, Emily agreed to go to the dance with Toby.
At the dance, Toby took Emily to a quiet place so he could tell her his "big secret". Noticing that Emily was missing, Aria frantically texted Emily to tell her that Toby had killed Alison. At that point, Emily started to get nervous. After pushing Toby, she tripped on her dress, fell over and blacked out. Toby dropped Emily off at the hospital and then took off on his motorcycle. Later, the Liars told Emily that they thought Toby must have killed Alison because she knew about his relationship with Jenna. However, Emily still didn't believe that he could have killed her.
29. Once Emily was out of hospital, Hanna told her that she saw the photos of her and Maya kissing.
She said that Emily shouldn’t pretend to be someone she wasn't, which spurred Emily on to tell Maya that she wanted to be with her.
30. The Liars organized a memorial for Alison.
Melissa's old boyfriend Ian turned up. Thinking that Ian couldn't have known Alison all that well, the Liars thought that his appearance at her memorial was a bit strange.
31. However, the memorial was destroyed.
32. The next morning, Emily arrived home muddy and distressed.
When she got to school, Wilden took note of her muddy shoes and asked her about her whereabouts the night before.
33. The same day, Emily remembered the time when she and Alison had kissed.
She later remembered another time when she tried to kiss Alison again, but was fiercely rejected. Alison told her that she only kissed Emily as "practice for the real thing." Extremely upset, Emily wrote Alison an angry letter.
34. Detective Wilden confiscated Emily's belongings and found remnants of the memorial along with the angry letter she had written to Alison.
Since the letter was written three days before Alison disappeared, Detective Wilden accused Emily of her murder. The other Liars were shocked, but refused to believe that Emily would have killed Alison. Emily admitted that she had loved Alison and regretted ever writing the letter. She said that she had only gone to the memorial the night before for closure, and that she had found it destroyed when she arrived. Spencer's mom - who had gone looking for the girls - then put a stop to Wilden's unlawful questioning and got him removed from the case.
35. 'A' sent the police video footage of Alison the night she disappeared.
Agent Cooper - the new cop who had taken over Alison's case - played the Liars the footage. In the video, it seemed as though Alison was speaking to a guy. Agent Cooper then told the Liars that they had found a bloody sweater in Toby's possession that was the same sweater that Alison was wearing in the video and so Toby was officially wanted for Alison's murder.
36. Emily's dad arrived home from Afghanistan.
But their happy reunion was cut short when 'A' sent Pam the photos of Emily and Maya kissing.
37. Mona invited the Liars to a camping party for her birthday.
However, Hanna was uninvited because she didn't skip school to go shopping with Mona. Since they got a message from 'A' telling them that they will also be at the party, the Liars decided that Hanna should go along and keep watch on the outskirts of the woods.
38. On the way to the party, Toby surprised Emily in her car.
He told her that he didn't kill Alison and that he had only gone to see her the night she disappeared to thank her for getting Jenna out of his life. We learned that Toby had never wanted to be in a relationship with Jenna and that she had forced him! Toby and Emily arranged to meet later that night, but Toby was found and picked up by the police.
39. During the party, Aria met with Ezra and they made up.
Hanna watched them together and then saw Noel Kahn write 'I see you' on the back of Ezra's car.
40. Hanna texted the Liars to meet her in the parking lot because she thought she had figured out who 'A' was...
But she was run over before she could talk to the other Liars!
41. At the end of Season 1A, we saw an undisclosed figure playing the video footage of Alison that was sent to the police.
But this video played more footage and we learned that Alison was actually with Ian the night that she had disappeared! We totally thought that the cops had the wrong guy!
Phew! What a crazy roller coaster ride Season 1A was! Have we missed anything?!
Let us know in the comments below!