1. Having to enforce a dress code on your SO.
You love what they wear usually, but you're just not sure how much your parents will love it...
2. Being worried that they're not taking it seriously enough.
Because deep down you really care about what your parents think of them.
3. Getting so nervous that you consider backing out.
And constantly questioning if you've made the right decision by setting this up.
4. Those occasional awkward silences at dinner.
Now would be a great time for your dad to crack one of his ridiculous jokes.
5. When your mom asks one too many probing questions.
Cue you hurriedly changing the subject to the weather.
6. Then when she gets a little too emotional.
She just can't believe her baby is growing up so fast.
7. And when she walks in on you and your SO having "a moment" together at the end of the night.
This is the point where you'd like the ground to swallow you up!
Do you have any awkward stories from when your parents met your SO?
Tell us about them in the comments below.