Their trip to New York had the Liars shook.
Shana was dead, but the girls felt far from safe. In S5E2, Alison was still afraid to return to Rosewood, Aria was wracked with guilt after accidentally killing Shana when trying to protect her friends, Spencer was struggling with having to play by Ali's rules again, and Hanna was desperately trying to avoid her worried mom's questions. Emily, however, stepped up to support her friends on their return. Once dubbed "the weakest link" by Mona, Miss Fields was the Liars' rock in this episode. Take another look at what made her their MVP:
1. She stopped Alison from leaving again.
After going through so much to get her back, there was no way Emily was letting Ali go again.
2. And gave her the reassurance she needed to go to the police.
Emily knew how to make Ali feel safe.
3. She then offered Ali a place to stay when she didn't feel safe at home.
Because she would do anything to protect her.
4. When things started to get heated between Ali and Spencer, she stepped in.
Every friend group needs a good peace keeper like Emily.
5. And she was there for Aria while she was struggling with her guilt over Shana.
If anyone could relate to Aria in that situation, it was Emily.
6. She even took Ali's dog out for a walk while she couldn't leave the house.
What a girl!
7. She was the first one to spring into action when they needed answers about Jason.
Just look at that game face!
8. Then she tried to keep everyone calm when they were freaking out about Mona.
We could all do with a friend like Em!
She certainly has come a long way since being "the weakest link"!
Do you think Emily is a great friend too? Let us know in the comments.