At the end of Season 2 we finally discovered that Mona was A! The Liars were upset, but also relieved because they thought A’s games were over at last. However, at the start of Season 3 it was clear that none of the Liars were coping with the aftermath very well:
1. Aria was having nightmares.
2. And panic attacks.
Thankfully she had Ezra and her friends to help her feel safe.
3. Hanna had been secretly visiting Mona.
She was desperate to find out what made her former friend do all of those terrible things.
4. But it meant she had to lie to her friends and Caleb for weeks.
And we all know keeping secrets is rarely a good thing!
5. Spencer had been obsessing over the identity of the Black Swan.
6. And she spent her summer at the creepy motel trying to recreate A’s lair on her laptop.
She was determined to prove her theory that Mona wasn’t working alone.
7. Emily was struggling with the grief of Maya’s murder as well as the A aftermath.
Maya’s body was discovered in Emily’s backyard at the end of Season 2.
8. She revealed to Toby that she’d been “partying way too much.”
She even admitted that she couldn’t remember one of the parties that she was at.
9. And she was totally overcome with guilt about not being able to remember how she ended up at Ali’s empty grave.
Which of the Liars do you think struggled the most at the start of Season 3?
Let us know in the comments below.