Maybe you missed it but SIMON LEWIS AND CLARY FRAY ARE A REAL LIFE COUPLE!
It happened in Season 2 Episode 8 and it was AMAZING! Whatever, we're super chill about it. Anyway, it took Simon a loooooooooooooooong time to admit his feelings so we thought we'd take a trip down memory lane. Here are all the times he ALMOST told Clary that he loved her.
1. We knew Simon was in love with Clary from the very first time we saw them together.
She was making fun of him for not noticing that his bandmate, Maureen, had a crush on him.
2. At Simon's gig he looked at Clary as if she was the only person in the room.
And he sang "Forever Young". Which feels a bit ironic now that he has...changed.
3. When the Vampires took Simon as bait, Clary realized how much he meant to her.
She was frantic about his safety and he was really touched that she cared so much.
4. Their reunion was bittersweet because Clary still referred to him as her closest friend.
And we knew that he wanted something more than that.
5. After Simon became a Vampire his life became a lot more dangerous.
Clary tried to protect him but he was more worried about keeping her safe. Simon always puts our girl first.
6. He knew that Jace and Clary were getting closer and it was breaking his heart.
That's why he would always argue with Jace and try to keep him away from Clary. But eventually he realized that he couldn't make Clary love him.
7. When Simon found out that Jace and Clary were siblings it felt like he finally had a chance!
He knew that Jace wasn't his competition anymore, but things were still really awkward for everyone. So Simon focused on just being there for Clary while she handled the situation.
8. And when Jace was taken by Valentine, Simon was Clary's rock.
He is seriously the exact person you would want to have with you during a crisis.
9. But Simon couldn't hide his feelings for Clary forever.
He tried to tell her the truth after they got locked in the boathouse together. But, sadly, they got distracted by the door falling off its hinges. Why do you have to be so strong, Simon??
10. Every time Clary called Simon her best friend he tried to convince himself that it was enough.
But we knew he was really torn up about what to do.
11. He even tried to go out with other girls but no one compared to Clary.
Remember when he hallucinated that he was in bed with Clary and then accidentally called Maureen by the wrong name? She was not pleased.
12. Finally, with some help from Maia, he decided it was time to be honest and face the consequences.
We were SO NERVOUS for him during this conversation. SO. NERVOUS.
13. And the consequences involved kissing. Lots of kissing.
Because it turned out that Clary felt the same way! She was the one that started the kissing! *Sigh*
14. And even though their relationship got off to a bit of a rocky start, we're so happy that Climon is finally a real thing!
Because could you ever really ask for a better boyfriend than Simon? He's not even worried about the Downworlder apocalypse so long as he has Clary by his side! That's commitment.
Experience the Climon journey by watching all of Season 1 and the latest episodes of Season 2 right here on Freeform!
If you love Climon raise your hands in the air! OK, we can't see you so maybe just write it in the comments.