Season 2 might be over but that doesn't mean we have just forgotten about all of our favorite characters! Especially our Parabatai brothers, Jace and Alec. They became Parabatai when they were teenagers, after taking a sacred oath to live, fight, and die for each other. Refresh your memory by rewatching seasons 1 and 2, then check out all the reasons Jalec are the perfect Shadowhunter brothers below.
1. They met when they were really young and became instant friends.
2. The decision to become Parabatai was a really big deal - but they both knew it was their destiny.
3. They care about each other more than anyone else in the world.
4. Sometimes, that means just being there for each other in difficult situations.
5. Whether they're fighting Forsaken...
6. ...Or trying to deal with some complicated emotions, they have each other's backs.
7. There have been times when they didn't see eye to eye.
8. But they always come back to each other.
9. Alec is incredibly loyal to Jace.
10. And Jace would die for his Parabatai.
11. They can be totally honest with each other.
12. And there is complete trust between them.
13. Even when one of them is about to do something stupid.
14. They each have a skill or ability that the other doesn't. But they make it work!
15. Alec is a born leader, who can solve problems and bring people together.
16. Jace is the soldier, always ready for a fight and basically unbeatable in battle.
17. They feel each other's pain.
18. They can communicate even when they're worlds apart.
19. And know each other better than anyone else.
20. Can you imagine having such an incredible bond with your best friend?
Tell us who your Parabatai would be in the comments!