1. Alec used to be a child! A younger version of his adult self! THIS IS REAL!
OK, we get that that's not technically "new" information. But look at his tiny face.
2. Mini Jace was a complete badass.
And mini Alec was super impressed! Same, Alec. Same.
3. Gretel is 100% dead. RIP feisty blond wolf.
We saw Valentine stab her, but there was still a little bit of hope... until now.
4. Luke is torn between his loyalty to the Shadowhunters and to his pack.
He doesn't want to believe that Jace killed his friend.
5. Valentine and the Circle are on land. Or else they got a new boat!
To be honest, we don't really know where they are. But Valentine had to abandon his amazing ship. That's got to sting.
6. Clary wants Aldertree to think that Dot wiped her memory.
But we're not sure that he's buying it...
7. But she confessed to Izzy that she lost Jace in the water.
Jumping off the boat seemed like such a good idea at the time.
8. Izzy is seriously worried about her brother.
How is she staying so strong throughout all of this? We would be in pieces!
9. Alec is going to be stuck in limbo until he's reunited with his Parabatai.
For a while we thought he was going to die. FOR REAL.
10. The Werewolves think that Jace is the one who killed Gretel!
All he did was kidnap her.... OK yes that's still bad. Fair point.
11. Raphael and Simon are fighting about his relationship with his family.
JUSTICE FOR ELAINE! She deserves to see her son.
12. Clary has to make a tough decision between helping Jace or Simon and guess who she picks...
Obviously Izzy isn't too happy, but Simon needs help finding his mom. She could be in trouble.
13. Luke is ready to pick a side.
It's called THE SIDE OF THE LAW. We support you, sir.
14. Raj is back and he has long hair and he is still THE WORST.
He's not the worst because of his long hair, which looks great. He's the worst because he ruins everything.
15. Alec and Jace started fighting together when they were kids!
No wonder they became Parabatai. #TeamJalec
16. Apparently, when you get thrown through a window people will make you go to hospital!
Let the doctors do their work, Jace. Just relax and don't worry about the Werewolves, Circle members, and Shadowhunters searching for you.
17. If you mess with Magnus and his bae, you better be ready for some pain.
We can't believe Raj thought he could force Magnus to leave the Institute while Alec's life was in danger! That fool.
18. Jocelyn is suddenly trying to protect Jace!
He's confused. We're confused. Even the Werewolf (Maia) looks confused.
19. Izzy is willing to hand Jace over to the Clave so long as she can save Alec's life.
She definitely feels guilty about it, but what other choice does she have?
20. MAGNUS TRIES TO WAKE UP ALEC WITH A KISS. LIKE A DISNEY PRINCE.
Can't talk. Too busy sobbing and watching that scene on repeat.
21. Young Izzy understood her brother so well.
Look at the hope in his eyes! He's so lucky to have his own personal cheerleader.
22. Elaine wants Raphael to come over to the Lewis' house for dinner!
The only problem is... she doesn't know he's a dangerous Vampire. He told her he's Simon's band manager!
23. Clary is able to vouch for Jace's innocence with Luke at her side!
Luckily they got there in time to stop Maia and her Werewolf attack.
24. The Parabatai ceremony is incredibly beautiful!
In a flashback we saw the exact moment that Jalec became official. It was intense.
25. ALEC IS ALIVE! All is right with the world.
For a moment there it looked like... thank goodness he's OK. We just have something in our eye, it's not a big deal.
26. The Clave are taking Jace into custody.
Cons: he could get locked up forever, or be stripped of his runes! Pros: he has a chance to rest, and he'll be safe from Valentine.
This episode was so emotional and action-packed! Did you think Alec might actually die?
Tell us in the comments.