1. There's a big screen TV!
2. There's lots of extra space. Spread out!
3. You can learn how to sword-fight.
4. It's way more magical than your average accommodations.
5. You can choose from a wide variety of weapons.
6. That place is full of bad-ass babes.
7. Their chef is very...erm...creative?
8. You will sleep in a luxurious king-sized bed with satin sheets.
9. You don't have to wear a shirt.
10. Unless you really want to...
11. You can fight people in a safe environment.
12. There are lots of ancient books lying around.
13. LOL moments and general banter!
14. If you're bored you can eavesdrop on other people's conversations!
15. You can check yourself out in one of the many Institute mirrors!
16. There are many young people to mentor.
17. You can research bae for "work reasons".
18. There is free jewelry hidden under the floor!
19. There's always someone there to give you a pep talk!
20. This is a place with some SERIOUS history.
21. Your parents can drop by anytime!
22. You can hide your valuables in one of the many secret boxes.
23. The place is full of adorable sassy kids.
24. The walls are glass so you always know where everyone is!
25. You'll never be cold with all these roaring fires!
26. You'll be the first to know any hot gossip.
27. You have access to all the latest technology.
28. Romance is blossoming all around you!
29. There are lots of extra rooms for activities!
30. People are always playing fun tricks on you.
31. You are surrounded by beautiful stained-glass windows.
32. You'll never be bored with these fun surprise attacks!
33. Glamorous Warlocks often drop by for cocktail hour.
34. Not to mention Seelie knights!
35. You'll be the first to know of any controversial engagements...
36. Institute officials throw the best themed parties!
37. You can watch other people be accused of crimes instead of you.
38. You can watch even watch them get arrested!
39. Enjoy random glitter explosions!
40. You get to watch controversial trials.
41. You'll be first in line to meet all the important Clave members!
42. You'll be invited to the wedding of the year!
43. There's always some kind of drama going on!
44. If you need a LONG rest and then a wake up call? Yep. They have that too.
45. Most importantly, you get to keep both of your hands!
So Prison Schmison, Hodge. You didn't appreciate how good you had it.
Would you like to live in the New York Institute? Tell us why in the comments!