Before Season 2 begins, we thought we would give you a friendly reminder of as many of the events in Season 1 as we could!
1. It all started with a meeting of pure chance on Clary's 18th birthday...
2. The mysterious Circle were in search of the Mortal Cup, led by their leader Valentine!
With the ability to create new Shadowhunters, whoever has possession of the Mortal Cup has immense power.
3. Clary's mother, Jocelyn, was kidnapped by the Circle as she was the only one who knew the location of the Mortal Cup.
She even put herself in a coma so that the Circle could not get any information from her!
4. After Hodge revealed to Clary that her mother was a former Circle member, they realized that Clary's blocked memories may be the only way to find Jocelyn and the Cup!
5. The gang traveled to the City of Bones in the hope of unlocking Clary's memories, but all that happened was that Clary learned a horrible truth...
The man who kidnapped her mother was actually her father!
6. It was one disaster after another, as Simon was then captured by vampires who would only return him in exchange for the Mortal Cup!
Our lives have never been the same since Raphael showed up. <3
7. Every step of the way, it was becoming clear that Clary was a powerful Shadowhunter herself.
8. The gang eventually rescued Simon from the Hotel Dumort, and Climon were reunited!
9. But not before Simon was given a taste of Camille Belcourt's vampire blood...
10. Back at the Institute, Jace and Simon butted heads as they fought for Clary's attention, and Simon eventually stormed out!
11. Simon's fixation with blood slowly began to grow as his visions of Camille grew stronger.
12. In order to retrieve Clary's memories, the gang enlisted the help of the High Warlock of Brooklyn...
However, Magnus had actually fed Clary's memories to a memory demon. Classic Magnus.
13. The gang tracked Magnus to his lair, where the Circle were waiting to attack.
Don't fear, guys -- Malec made quick work of them.
15. To retrieve Clary's memories, the gang had to summon the demon and relinquish a memory of the one they love the most.
However, Alec's inner conflict about his feelings for Jace caused the ritual to go sideways quickly!
16. To save Jace's life, Clary had to kill the demon before she was able to retrieve her memories!
17. In an attempt to learn more about her past, Clary returned to her apartment in search of her mother's secret box.
Clary believed that it contained secrets about her father.
18. But the New York werewolf pack had other ideas and kidnapped her and Simon!
19. After Izzy, Jace, and Alec's rescue mission went a tad awry, they were saved by an unlikely friend...
20. Clary's longtime family friend, Luke, was actually a werewolf and had been trying to protect Clary the entire time!
21. Luke told Clary about Valentine and the Circle's uprising to take control of the Shadow World.
22. However, Luke and Jocelyn stopped Valentine before he plunged the entire Shadow World into complete chaos.
23. The Lightwood parents told Izzy of their intention to arrange a political marriage for Alec in order to restore their family name.
Alec wasn't too happy about the idea...
24. Instead of dwelling on that terrible prospect, Alec rushed to help Magnus save Luke's life!
25. After he was saved, Luke revealed to Clary that she actually had a brother, who died in a fire caused by Valentine.
26. This devastating realization triggered one of Clary's unique powers.
It dawned on Clary that the Mortal Cup was hidden inside one of her mother's tarot cards!
27. After a few close shaves with demons at the police station, Clary managed to secure the Mortal Cup from the tarot card!
28. Once back at the Institute, let's just say Clace were relieved to see each other safe again!
29. Sadly, Simon could not resist the urge to return to the Hotel Dumort and was attacked by a vicious Camille!
30. Raphael arrived at the Institute with Simon's lifeless body and offered Clary a choice...
Stake Simon through the heart or turn him into a vampire before sunset.
31. The Clave sent Lydia Branwell to take control of the Institute after they lost faith in the Lightwoods' ability to run it.
32. While on a mission, Lydia revealed to Alec that his parents were actually ex-Circle members!
33. Clary realized that she couldn't live without Simon and made the decision that would change him forever.
34. In order to restore his family's honor and form a political power couple, Alec proposed to Lydia!
35. With the Institute on high alert after a Forsaken attack, Lydia arrested the Seelie Meliorn on suspicion of leaking Shadowhunter information to Valentine.
As punishment, the Clave planned to execute Meliorn in the City of Bones.
36. To prevent the Mortal Cup reaching the Clave, the gang took matters into their own hands and snuck it out of the Institute.
37. Together, with help from both the werewolves and vampires, the gang rescued Meliorn before his execution!
38. But not before Jace and Alec put their Parabatai bond to the test.
39. A fight that ultimately left them on different sides.
40. As a way to show his gratitude for his rescue, Meliorn offered Clary a way of finding her father!
41. After a horrible beginning, Simon began to come to terms with his new life as a vampire.
42. Meliorn led Clary to a portal into an alternate dimension where Shadowhunters no longer exist!
43. With the help of a shier-than-usual Alternate Magnus, Clace found a portal that led them directly to Valentine's lair!
44. However, they instead found Jace's supposedly dead father, Michael Wayland!
45. After Jace was injured in a demon attack, Clary and Michael rushed him to Luke's where he made a full recovery!
He looks perfectly healthy to us.
46. Michael, Clary, Jace, and Luke quickly infiltrated Valentine's new hideout in search of Clary's mother.
47. However, once inside, Michael revealed that he was Valentine all along!
48. Valentine then revealed the most shocking truth: he was both Jace and Clary's father!
49. With Alec and Lydia's wedding drawing near, Magnus made one last attempt at convincing Alec not to go through with it.
Unfortunately it didn't work -- God, Alec!
50. Meanwhile, Clary tracked down Ragnor Fell, the Warlock who knew how to wake her mother from her coma.
To find the spell that would wake her mother, Clary had to find the Book of the White.
51. Jace and Alec finally made up at Alec's low key bachelor party, and Jace agreed to be his best man!
FINALLY, you guys.
52. However, the wedding came and this happened instead:
MALEC!!!!!!! KISSSING!!!!! MALEC KISSING!!!!!!!!! KISSING!!!!!!! MALEC!!!!!!!!!! <3
53. Things took a turn for the worse when Hodge stole the Mortal Cup and took it directly to Valentine.
54. Clary discovered that the owner of the Book of the White was none other than Camille Belcourt...
55. And Alec discovered that she just happened to be Magnus's crazy ex!
56. After a lot of searching, the gang finally tracked down the Book of the White!
57. Before they could get away, however, they were ambushed by Valentine! Jace reluctantly went with him in exchange for his friends' safety.
58. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO JACE?!
59. With the Book of the White, they were finally able to wake Jocelyn up from her coma!
60. But with the Mortal Cup in his possession, Valentine could finally create his army.
AAAARRRGGGGH SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED. SO MANY FEELS. MALEC!!!!!!