When Valentine captured Simon and used him as bait in the Winter Finale we were TERRIFIED!
At the same time, we couldn't help admiring his use of technology to send a message to Clary. He video called her using Simon's phone so that she would come running to rescue her friend. And it worked! But, if you have ever video called a friend or family member you will know how often things go wrong. Here are some of the issues that might have popped up while Valentine was trying to threaten his daughter.
1. Clary might not have answered the call.
What if her phone was on silent and in her pocket? WHAT THEN?
2. The audio and video could have gone out of sync.
That would make the conversation really confusing and they probably would have had to hang up and redial.
3. The image on the screen might have frozen just before Valentine cut Simon's throat!
Then Clary would just assume he was okay and not bother rushing off to the Institute.
4. The internet might have gone down, forcing them to communicate via text.
It's hard to sound menacing through written messages. Val would have to use scary emojis like the devil or a skull!
5. The call could have been interrupted by someone.
Like Madzie, or one of the Circle members. Then they'd want to say hi to Clary, and Valentine would have to wait for them to leave before getting back to his evil threats. *sigh*
6. Clary or Valentine might have gotten distracted by their own reflection.
We all know who we're really looking at during a video call. It's the tiny little video of ourselves in the corner of the screen!
7. Valentine might not have been able to log onto the Institute Wi-Fi account.
After all, he killed everyone who got in his way so where did he get the password? Maybe his henchmen tortured it out of someone. Classic Circle brutes.
8. They could have taken ages to hang up.
"You hang up." "No, you hang up!" We've all been there.
Have you seen the latest episode of Shadowhunters yet? Binge every episode right here on Freeform!
Share this with the biggest Shadowhunters fan you know.