The Vampire Diaries star directed an episode of Shadowhunters, and he did an amazing job. If you haven't seen season 2 episode 16 'Day of Atonement' yet, you should watch it now. It's a truly great episode, and from looking at the behind-the-scenes moments below, it's obvious that the cast loved working with Paul.
1. Everyone was excited to have Paul on set.
He would make a great Shadowhunter -- he fits right in.
2. And he was soon joking around with the gang.
Matt and Paul smiling at each other has given us a new bromance to root for.
Kat mentioned that it was great to work with someone who has been an actor in the same genre as Shadowhunters before.
4. Paul gave Kat some last minute instructions.
Probably something like: "Just keep being amazing."
5. And then watched as she performed the scene to perfection.
6. While Paul and producer Matt Hastings were bundled up to shoot the outdoor scenes...
Idris looked so beautiful in this episode.
7. The actors had to brave the cold without jackets.
Being professionals they make it look so easy.
8. Despite the cold, Dom and Emeraude were having some fun.
We wonder what Dom did to deserve this...
Just two incredibly stylish Downworlders.
10. And Alisha welcomed Paul into the Shadowhunters family with some bagels.
What a thoughtful gift -- everyone likes bagels.
11. Thanks to Paul Wesley for a brilliant episode -- we hope he'll back in the director's chair soon.
We miss him already.
Tell us what you loved about the episode!
And remember, you can watch season 2 episode 16 right now.