1. What personal things did you draw on for this episode?
It was a dream to get to write about the Iron Sisters. I was taught that as a girl, I had to fight harder to be heard, and these women are the fiercest warriors I could imagine. And then there's Magnus and Alec's first date... for that I definitely drew upon my own experiences. Getting to know someone can be scary and you're not always going to like everything you learn about them. But at the same time nothing can ever compare to the magic of that first date, and how exciting it can be. My husband and I still talk about ours.
2. Can you share a quick story about how you got to be a writer on Shadowhunters?
Last season I was the script coordinator on Shadowhunters and was given the opportunity to write a freelance script – S1E8, "Bad Blood." I had so much fun bringing Simon back from the dead and I suppose that the episode went over pretty well. From there, I was offered a full-time staff position.
3. What was your favorite part of shooting this episode?
Can I say the Malec date...? Just seeing Magnus and Alec together was such a treat and their chemistry is amazing.
4. Any good stories from set during the shooting of S2E6?
Alberto and Alisha had me in stitches with their ad-libs. They are just so amazing. Oh, and there's one scene where Alisha just crushed it -- she emotionally wrecked me. I was crying on set.
5. Why did Izzy want to be an Iron Sister? Why didn't she end up becoming one?
Who wouldn't want to be an Iron Sister?! They're so badass and confident. She didn't become one... yet... because she has some serious Shadowhunter business to reconcile first.
6. Is Clary surprised to learn she's free of any demonic elements?
As you'll see, it's Izzy who's really surprised.
7. What do you think is the most troubling to Magnus about the fact that Alec has never been in a relationship before?
Because Alec hasn't been in a relationship before, Magnus worries about Alec's expectations. Magnus knows how hard relationships can be and he doesn't want to disappoint Alec.
8. Why did Luke pull away from his pack rather than calling on them for the kind of support he once offered Maia?
After Jocelyn died, Luke is suffering. He's tortured and wanted to deal with it on his own terms, but eventually he comes to the realization that he needs help and support of loved ones.
9. What is it that allows Magnus and Alec to move past their differences and still choose to make a go of their relationship?
They realize that their differences don't matter. Plus, their chemistry and desire for one another is crazy strong.
10. Are there sparks flying between Maia and Simon?
Only time will tell...
Watch every episode of Shadowhunters right here!
How much did you love Malec's date? Tell us in the comments!