After two seasons of Shadowhunters, a lot of things have changed. So many of the characters have grown and developed, which means they sometimes act differently to how they used to in the beginning. We gathered some of the best examples of famous last words that our favorites said before doing the complete opposite! Check it out below.
1. When Clary made this innocent statement in the very first episode.
Right before her life basically became an epic journey.
2. When Raphael tried to make Simon stay away from the Hotel DuMort.
Then completely changed his mind once Simon became a Vampire.
3. When Alec's life was in danger and Magnus said this:
Then literally tried to wake Alec up with a kiss.
Hey, it was worth a shot!
4. When Simon saw the beautiful side of the Seelie Realm.
Until this kiss happened.
5. When Maryse was always really hard on her daughter.
Until they had a breakthrough in their relationship in season 2.
6. In the very first episode, when Luke wanted to tell Clary about Jocelyn's secret, but she was reluctant.
Then, they had a complete role reversal after she visited him in a dream.
7. When Alec was afraid to risk his family and career for a relationship with Magnus.
Now he can't even imagine his life without the handsome Warlock.
8. When Maia shot Simon down in the nicest way possible.
But later, couldn't help but fall for the lovable vampire.
9. When Robert had the nerve to throw shade at everyone's favorite Warlock.
And then in season 2 we found out he had cheated on Maryse.
Talk about a hypocrite.
10. Back in season 1, Jace saw emotions as a weakness.
Now, he has really grown as a person and can open up...sometimes.
11. When Valentine kidnapped Jocelyn but kept her safe, because he loved her.
But love didn't mean much when it was getting in the way of his ultimate goal.
Then Jocelyn just became a "necessary sacrifice."
Watch every episode of Shadowhunters right here!
And tell us any famous last words we missed in the comments.