Makes around 12-14 gorgeous cupcakes!
What you will need to make these delicious cupcakes!
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup golden caster sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup self raising white flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon of baking powder
1. First things first. You've gotta get your squad of Shadowhunters superfans together because baking is so much more fun with friends! Line a cupcake tray with 12 paper liners. Sift the cocoa powder in to a bowl and then add the boiling water until it turns in to a delicious gooey paste.
2. Now add your eggs, sugar, butter, flour and baking powder to the bowl. Mix all these ingredients together using an electric mixer. If you haven't got one then break out your spoon!
3. Next you need to divide the batter evenly between the liners. We know you'll be tempted to eat the mix now but trust us it'll taste so much better once your cakes come out all warm and delicious! Place the cupcakes into a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and allow your cakes to cool. We bet your kitchen smells incredible right about now!
Now for the fun bit, the chocolate ganache!
We made some simple dark chocolate ganache, aka insanely delicious frosting, for our finale cupcakes using just a few ingredients, and a microwave!
4 cups of dark chocolate
1 and 1/2 cups of whipping cream
1. Add your cream and chocolate to a bowl, make sure it's microwave proof!
2. Microwave on high for one minute, then stir for two minutes.
3. Continue this process until the mixture is all melted, and there are no lumps.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before pouring all over your yummy cakes.
5. Decorate with runes using the methods seen in the video. Which is your favorite?
6. Enjoy your delicious cupcakes. You deserve it!
What other Shadowhunters inspired snacks are you celebrating the finale with? Let us know below.