If you haven't caught up yet, you really need to watch Shadowhunters season 2 episode 19 'Hail and Farewell' now. Then check out our fascinating interview with the man we have to thank for this episode: Bryan Q. Miller.
1. Raphael and Izzy: we feel like that’s not over. Also, Raphael doesn't seem totally committed to the Seelie Queen, or is that just us?
BM: They’ve been through a lot together, right? Given the very complicated and controversial way that Isabelle and Raphael became involved with one another, either of them would be kidding themselves to think things have truly ended.
Though Raphael may not be as vocal with his concerns about the Queen as Luke is, never forget that Raphael’s much older – and much more experienced – than he looks. He fought his way up through clan politics and has a “family” of his own to worry about. That doesn’t mean he necessarily likes what he’s doing, but in his mind, the ends may justify the means.
2. The scene at the playground really showed us how tragic Sebastian’s story is. Do you think given different circumstances Sebastian could have been saved from the Demon blood inside him?
BM: What it boils down to is how you feel about nature vs. nurture. On the one hand, Jace was raised by Valentine (even though he didn’t know Valentine was really Valentine), so may not have wound up on the side of light if not for being adopted by the Lightwoods. And that has nothing to do with the pure Angel blood running through his veins. So, despite the Demon blood coursing through Sebastian/Jonathan, perhaps different parentage (anything other than being raised in Edom would be a start) might have yielded different results.
3. The Seelie Queen seems to have an unhealthy fascination with Simon, including taking Maia at the end of the episode. We get he’s rejected her, but what does she really want from him?
BM: Simon’s had the Queen’s interest for quite a while now, so there must be something more going on there than his lopsided charm… but we might not realize what’s truly on the Queen’s mind until the end of episode 20… or beyond!
4. Speaking of the Seelie Queen, what does Valentine have that she wants? We’re a little terrified of these two working together.
BM: Nothing good can come from that most unholy of unions. And the secret behind what Valentine wants, and what the Seelie Queen needs, will definitely be revealed to all before episode 20 has reached the end credits.
5. Lastly, that Clace kiss! Please tell us there’s more of those in the finale...
BM: Episode 20 finds #Clace closer than they’ve ever been…
We're even more excited to see the season 2 finale now. Tell us your thoughts in the comments.
Remember, you can watch the latest episodes of Shadowhunters any time.