When Donna was left in critical condition in the last episode, we never imagined she wouldn't make it through. While she didn't get off to a good start on land, she always tried to do what she thought was best for Ryn. Read this article to remember her as the amazing mermaid sister she was, and rewatch the heartbreaking Siren season finale right here on Freeform.
1. After Ryn's mother died, she took the grieving mermaid under her wing.
They've been together for such a long time.
2. And when she was captured, she did what she had to do in order to make her way back to Ryn.
You don't get in the way of a mermaid's love for her sister.
3. She was gentle and kind when Ryn needed help getting back to the water.
The best siblings are always there for you.
After what she went through, can you blame her for wanting to protect her sister from the humans?
5. She taught Ryn how to protect herself.
Empowered mermaids empower mermaids.
6. And she was willing to do whatever it took to keep her safe.
Ryn wanted to stop her sister, but Donna was just trying to do what she thought was right.
7. Even when she was furious with Ryn, she still showed her that she was love.
She could never really stay mad at her sister.
8. And she eventually realized that, to Ryn, Ben and Maddie were love too.
She didn't understand it, but their relationship made her see humans differently.
9. She protected Ryn from the other mermaids when they revealed that they wanted to hurt her.
She had good intentions when she brought them to land, but nobody hurts her sister and gets away with it.
10. And in the end we were so glad she realized that forcing Ryn back into the water just wasn’t worth losing her forever.
We were terrified after Xander shot her, and devastated when she didn't recover. But at least she got to say goodbye to her sister.
Tell us how much you'll miss Donna in the comments.
Relive all of Siren season 1, streaming here on Freeform.