Ever since we found out that Siren has been renewed for a second season, we haven't stopped celebrating. So, while we're patiently waiting for more mermaids to swim onto our screens, we're ready to binge the entire first season. And here's why you should, too!
1. Bristol Cove is the perfect setting.
Founded 150 years ago by Captain Charles H. Pownall, Bristol Cove is known as "The Mermaid Capital of the World" — and it is said that Captain Pownall was driven mad by his love for one of these mythical beings of the sea.
2. Although, it does have a chilling history ...
The truth is far darker than the fairy tale legends.
3. The show takes a new spin on the mermaid myth.
These are not your average mermaids. The ocean is a harsh environment, and they've learned to survive in it.
4. The Siren song is a mysterious and powerful force.
It gets in your head, and takes a hold of your thoughts ... just what is its true power?
5. Ryn is so captivating.
With a mesmeric performance by Eline Powell, we just can't take our eyes off of her.
6. Helen's secret is a massive twist.
Did you see it coming? There were some subtle hints dropped ...
7. Watching Ryn adapt to life on land is fascinating.
8. And how about the mysterious chemistry between Ben and Ryn?
Is it love, or is it the Siren song? Just what is going on here?
9. But there seems to be something between Ryn and Maddie, too.
Ryn certainly makes things a bit more complicated for Ben and Maddie's relationship.
10. The final showdown is epic.
With mermaids and humans brought to the brink of all-out war, there is so much at stake. You'll be on the edge of your seat the entire time.