If you've watched every episode of Siren so far, you'll know that Ryn has become way better at hiding her mermaid nature since she arrived on land. At first she was very hostile and aggressive, but Ben and Maddie have helped her to trust and understand people. Check out the GIFs below to see Ryn's journey so far.
1. She quickly figured out that she needed clothes to blend in.
She wouldn't have stayed undetected long without them!
2. And she chose her own human name.
Something about the name 'Ryn' fits her personality perfectly.
3. Even when she couldn't speak very well, she was able to communicate.
From the beginning, it was clear how intelligent she is.
4. She learned what is and isn't edible.
Ryn found out the hard way that just because something looks like food, doesn't mean it is.
5. She soon discovered that not all humans can be trusted.
And protected herself.
6. But that there are good people out there.
Luckily, she found Ben and Maddie before the military or the police found her.
7. As she got to know people, she was able to sense how they were feeling.
8. Over time, Ryn formed a very close bond with Ben and Maddie.
They've learned so much from each other.
9. And their emotional attachment has grown stronger and stronger.
We don't know exactly what 'love' means to Ryn, but it's clear that she feels strongly about her friends.
10. She realized that the mermaids need help to survive.
She tried to convince her sister that working with humans was the only way to save the mermaids.
11. And that, for now, it's too dangerous to return to the sea.
So she has to stay on land, hiding in plain sight.
Do you think Ryn will ever return to the sea? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!
And don't forget that you can watch every episode of Siren right here on Freeform.