If you're watching Siren, you'll know that Maddie's life has changed dramatically since Ryn stepped onto the shores of Bristol Cove. In one day, she went from tagging sea lions to helping a mermaid find her kidnapped sister. Let's take a moment to celebrate just how badass Maddie is when faced with the most unexpected of situations.
1. She studied the severed head of a Mako shark like it was no big deal.
We know it's her job to deal with marine creatures, but this is next level chill.
2. She wasn't jealous when she found Ryn and Ben together.
We love how much she trusts him.
3. She knows how to help people who are hurting.
The marks on Ben's neck would have made anyone freak out, but Maddie just kept her cool.
4. She's so inspiring when she talks about her job.
Anyone else want to grow up and be a marine biologist?
5. She takes her time to teach Ryn the ways of humans.
Even when they are in danger.
6. She has nerves of steel when faced with the unbelievable.
She was literally the first human to see footage of a mermaid attack and her resolve barely wobbled.
7. She kept calm when Ryn invaded her personal space.
Most people would have run screaming from the car.
8. She is totally determined.
We can't imagine anything getting in her way.
9. She knows when she needs to take control of a situation.
Ben and Ryn are so lucky to have her 💕
10. She saved Ryn after she fell in the pool.
And made sure she stayed hidden from the police.
11. She can keep a tight lid on her emotions.
Although Ryn seems to have a talent for tapping into what she's feeling.
12. And she protects those who need to be protected.
Lying to her dad can't be easy, but she knows that she needs to keep Ryn safe.