Since the first episode of Siren, Helen Hawkins has been referred to as the town's "resident kook". But she is much wiser than the residents of Bristol Cove think. Take a look at all the moments when Helen said exactly what we were thinking, and don't forget to catch up on season 2 before Siren returns on June 13th.
1. First of all, she's the only one who really knew about the mermaids.
2. Her reaction to Ryn's unusual diet.
Apparently a mermaid's investigation method is to put any mysterious object straight in their mouth.
3. When Ryn returned to Bristol Cove.
Excellent question, Helen. Ryn's time on land proved to be nothing but dramatic.
4. When she finally said what we had suspected all along.
5. When she knew where Donna really wanted to be.
A mermaid's place is in the ocean, after all.
6. All the times she was keeping secrets from Ben, Maddie, and us.
At least she was honest enough to admit it.
7. When she saw right through the lie about Sean McClure's death.
There's no fooling Helen — there was more to Sean's death than met the eye.
8. When she taught Ryn the real goal of running a business.
Bills gotta get paid.
9. Her reaction when six mermaids started trashing her apartment.
We would have the same response. Stay away from the TV!
10. When she taught us what to do when you come into a lot of money.
11. Her reaction when a party of humans started running into a bay full of mermaids.
Really, what were the chances?
12. Anytime she showed up during the unavoidable mermaid drama.
She's over their nonsense.
13. The first time she saw Sarge in his merman form.
Marking the beginning of our favorite ship.
14. When she knew Katrina was up to no good.
We called this one from the beginning.
15. And when she knew that Ryn had to protect Cami.
Turns out Helen was right to worry about Cami's reaction to hearing about her mother's death. Also, nice pun.
16. When she knew that the connection between the humans and mermaids was unbreakable.
Out of sight is not out mind everyone.
17. Her confidence when she found out her role in the Klesco Oil stunt.
18. And her reaction when, against all odds, they actually pulled it off.
"Oh my God" is right. This is going to have some serious repercussions ...
Can you think of any other times Helen said exactly what you were thinking? Share them in the comments!
And don't forget to catch up on season 2 before Siren returns on June 13th, right here on Freeform.