A few episodes into Siren it’s pretty clear that our old ideas about mermaids should be tossed overboard. Read on to see how Siren is redefining the way we think about these mythical creatures of the deep, and don't forget to tune in Thursdays at 8pm/7c to find out more!
1. They are the true predators of the sea.
Even sharks can't top them on the food chain.
2. They don't pine to be on the land.
Ryn is only in Bristol Cove to find her sister.
3. They have incredible reflexes.
Fish out of water? Better think again.
4. They can be extremely dangerous.
You definitely don't want to get on Ryn's bad side.
5. No, seriously ...
You really, really don't.
6. They'll put you under a spell which is hard to resist.
That song ...
7. Their idea of boundaries is a bit ... fluid.
"Well, this is cozy."
8. They can outsmart their enemies.
These are no damsels in distress.
9. And there's still so much about them we don't know.
But we can't wait to find out ...
What do you think about the mermaids of Siren? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the latest episodes of Siren wherever you watch Freeform.