Sure, some people are lucky enough to meet their true love in the Stitch Lab, but for the rest of us we're stuck in the world of dating profiles, messaging, and swiping. Check out our list of the times when modern dating really sucks and then watch season 3 episode 5 to cheer yourself up.
1. When you swipe left but you meant to swipe right.
You had imagined a whole life together. You would have your first date at a wine bar. You would live by the sea and grow vegetables in the garden. They would do terrible DIY around the house and you would pretend it annoyed you even though you really found it charming. *sighs*
2. When someone uses a pet name in an opening line.
We can't either.
3. When people try and tell you to be yourself, but you know you're a bit too weird for that.
You can't just tell someone that your favorite animals are skunks and that you like to eat all your food cold.
4. When someone asks you out way too early.
You've literally just said "Hey."
5. When they initially seemed great, but then they send you a really inappropriate message.
Or worse, a really inappropriate pic.
6. When someone asks you to describe yourself and you think of all your worst qualities first.
Really, you're a great person.
7. When someone only replies with one-word answers.
8. When you finally give someone your number.
It feels like you're letting a little, fragile bird fly free. And you hope it will return with texts and invitations for drinks. Fly little bird, fly!
9. When you have to pretend that you haven't already searched their name on every social media platform.
"What? Seriously? I had no idea you went to Bali in 2004. That's crazy."
10. When you meet that person who's really good at massaging the truth.
What they say: "I work in the aerospace industry."
What they mean: "I work in a toy store and I once sold a telescope."
11. When someone won't stop messaging you.
Why do they think the solution to overcoming your radio silence is more messages?
12. When someone asks you how you're doing, but it's too early to actually tell them the truth.
You want to seem cheerful and happy-go-lucky so you reply "Great, thanks!" even though it rained all day, your boss was in a foul mood, and a co-worker ate your lunch.
13. When everything is going really well...but then it stops.
They probably lost your number. Or lost their phone. Or got attacked by a bear. Yeah, that's it.
14. When they drop an absolute deal-breaker.
Is it just us, or does modern dating feel like 20% getting to know someone and 80% eye-rolling?
Take a break from swiping and check out this week's episode of Stitchers right here on Freeform.